UNIVERSITY ANTI RAGGING POLICY
To root out ragging in all its forms from university by prohibiting it by law, preventing its occurrence by following the provisions of these Regulations and punishing those who indulge in ragging as provided for in these Regulations and the appropriate law in force.
2. “Ragging” means the following:
Any conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
3. Punishable ingredients of Ragging
- Abetment to ragging;
- Criminal conspiracy to rag;
- Unlawful assembly and rioting while ragging;
- Public nuisance created during ragging;
- Violation of decency and morals through ragging;
- Injury to body, causing hurt or grievous hurt;
- Wrongful restraint;
- Wrongful confinement;
- Use of criminal force;
- Assault as well as sexual offences or unnatural offences;
- Criminal trespass;
- Offences against property;
- Criminal intimidation;
- Attempts to commit any or all of the above-mentioned offences against the victim(s);
- Physical or psychological humiliation;
All other offences following from the definition of “Ragging”.
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti- Ragging Committee of the institution, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Debarring horn representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel
- Cancellation of admission
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period
- Fine ranging between Rupees 25,000/- and Rupees 1 lakh
- Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.
AAFT University follows all the compliance set by UGC to prevent and correct such an act of ragging and AAFT as a rule bound University has formulated the following committee and cell
- The Anti-Ragging Committee
- The Anti-Ragging Squad
- Monitoring Cell on Ragging
to address and close the concerning related issues and maintain a healthy environment at University to strengthen effective teaching learning process.
The policies for anti-ragging and the action framework is the adaptation of UGC guidelines to remain aligned with the common goal and retain disciplined environment at University.